Senior Project Manager
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company built to improve the ways that state and local government agencies interact and transact with their customers. Our modern solutions make it easy for agencies to become more efficient in their operations and achieve their missions.
PayIt consolidates software and payments into a connected customer experience experience and enables our clients to drive trust and satisfaction among their customers. PayIt solutions address state/provincial and local use cases, serving tax authorities, courts, motor vehicle departments, and conservation agencies. This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors, including our inclusion in the GovTech 100 every year since 2017.
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call “PayIt DNA”: High integrity, drive, grit, high aptitude, and team orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Kansas City metro (MO/KS) or Nashville, TN metro, however, highly qualified remote candidates will also be considered in the following markets (NC, TX, MO, KS, GA, VA, PA, UT, FL, TN, MI, IL, and OH).
About the Senior Project Manager Role:
PayIt is looking for a detail-oriented, results-driven Senior Project manager to join our growing organization. PayIt’s Project Managers continually demonstrate strategic business acumen and cross-functional leadership skills. As a Senior Project Manager, you will work cross-functionally and with external stakeholders to deliver complex software solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Project Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive project plan that outlines tasks, timelines, resource requirements, and deliverables for the successful implementation of the PayIt platform.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with various external stakeholders, vendors, and internal team members to gather requirements, understand challenges, and define project objectives.
- Risk Management: Identify potential project risks, develop mitigation strategies, and ensure proactive communication to stakeholders to minimize disruptions to project timelines and outcomes.
- Project Execution: Oversee the entire project lifecycle, including design, development, testing, deployment, and post-launch support, while maintaining a focus on quality, functionality, and user experience.
- Communication: Regularly communicate project deliverables and progress, status updates, and milestone achievements to internal and external stakeholders through status reports, demos, meetings, and presentations.
- Change Management: Facilitate change management processes to ensure a smooth transition for agencies adopting our platform.
- Quality Assurance: Collaborative partner in ensuring quality assurance processes that deliver solutions that meets our standards of performance, security, and compliance.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay up to date on industry best practices. Collaborate with the product, engineering, client operations, and customer care teams to leverage client and user feedback to and identify opportunities to enhance the PayIt platform.
What You’ll Need to Have
- 5+ years of experience in a project management role leading large enterprise SaaS implementations across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and the resiliency to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices while staying current on emerging technologies and trends within the GovTech, Payments, Outdoors, and Project Management ecosystem.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management and collaboration tools, (Confluence, Trello, Teams, Slack) diagram and visualization tools (Draw.IO, LucidChart, etc), and Microsoft Office.
- Possesses exceptional analytical skills and a strong technical acumen, with the ability to influence clients while managing evolving project requirements.
- Influential communication skills and the ability to relay highly technical information to key PayIt stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel up to 30 percent of the time during normal travel conditions; travel varies based on project assignment requirements and the client’s aptitude to engage onsite as we continue to explore the new normal.
Bonus Points For:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of Jira and project tracking software
- Hunting, recreational shooting, and/or fishing experience strongly preferred
Why Work For Us:
- Our mission matters. Your work will make life better for our government agency clients and the millions of residents they serve.
- You’ll do some of the best work of your career here. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and you’ll grow a ton working at PayIt
- People are our most important resource. Everyone has a voice. Collaboration is our default setting. And we have fun together.
- We #payitforward with our corporate volunteer program, serving the communities where we work and live.
- Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, flexible working arrangements, and all the resources you will need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
We hire high aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship in the United States at this time. Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship are also encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.